In Utah, judges routinely place people on probation to avoid the expenses of jail time. Failing to adhere to your probation terms places you at great risk of going to jail or even prison. If you are accused of violating your probation or parole terms, you should seek experienced legal help.
The Salt Lake City criminal defense attorneys at Utah Criminal Defense Attorneys have extensive experience defending individuals suspected of violating the terms of their probation for many reasons. Some of these reasons have included:
- Being charged with another crime
- Positive drug test results
- Failure to report to a probation officer or treatment program
- Substance use or abuse in violation of your probation
- Failure to complete Court-ordered community service
- Failure to pay restitution or fines